Are you looking for a zero deposit rental? Look no further! Rumah-i is partnering with BlueDuck to make the search for your dream home easier, faster and fairer by offering an alternative to traditional deposits.
Upfront deposits for house rentals are a must as they protect tenants and landlords. However, the large deposit fee may be challenging for some to prepare.
Continue reading to learn more about zero deposit rentals, how they help and what this scheme means for both landlords and tenants in Malaysia.
Security Deposits & Zero Deposit Rental: Are They Different?
A security deposit, or a tenancy deposit, is an amount of money provided to a landlord by the tenant. It covers any costs and damages incurred by the landlord if the tenant breaches the terms and conditions in their tenancy agreement.
A zero deposit rental scheme is an option offered by landlords that refrains the need to submit a security deposit. Under this scheme, renters can provide a non-refundable fee that acts as a guarantee.
Who is BlueDuck?
BlueDuck is a Fintech company that focuses on unlocking deposits to increase cash flow for the property industry.
They aim to make the renting process more affordable by offering a simple and reasonably priced alternative to traditional deposits, which meets the needs of landlords, tenants and agents.
What is BlueDuck’s Zero Deposit Rental Scheme?
BlueDuck’s Zero Deposit Rental Solution is designed to replace traditional security deposits with high-value protection.
It helps tenants rent a home with no deposit, saving them thousands of ringgits in upfront costs. Instead, the tenant pays a small yearly insurance fee.
Moreover, landlords are protected from 2 months of rental loss, unpaid utilities and malicious damage. They will also automatically receive rental fees every month with our direct debit services.
Explore More About Zero Deposit Insurance: https://rent.rumah-i.com/zero-deposit-insurance/
Why Should Tenants Opt for The Zero Deposit Rental Scheme?
As a tenant, getting the funds to cover your deposit prior to renting can be a challenge. However, renting a property under the zero deposit scheme can help.
Lower Moving Costs
- With the money saved from applying for a zero deposit, tenants can put the rest of their money towards other moving expenses, such as transporting their belongings or buying new furnishings for their home.
Freedom to Manage Other Expenses
- Renting under the zero deposit rental scheme means your money does not get tied up for a significant period of time. Instead, you can use it to pay for other expenses or save them for future purposes.
- Read More: Tenancy Agreement Malaysia: Digital Tenancy vs e-Tenancy
Why Should Landlords Opt For The Zero Deposit Rental Scheme?
Renters are not the only ones who benefit from the zero deposit rental scheme. Landlords too can enjoy many benefits when they offer zero deposit to their tenants.
Our survey shows that landlords offering zero deposit will have higher tenant demand, reduced void periods and more.
High Tenant Demand
- If you are a zero deposit landlord, more people will be interested in your property. It speeds up the rental process and attracts a wider range of prospective tenants, as many prefer a zero deposit to the traditional security deposit offer.
Reduced Void Periods
- With more tenants interested in zero deposit option properties, landlords enjoy fewer vacancies between tenancy agreements, resulting in extra visibility for their properties and reduced void periods.
Simplified Rental Process
- The Rumah-i app is an easy-to-use and secure home rental platform for landlords and tenants. Interested tenants can complete the entire renting process on the app, from tenancy signing to rental payment and tenancy management.
Landlord End-To-End Protection
- Zero deposit landlords get to choose their preferred protection plan, which is designed specifically for rental homes. They will also receive comprehensive protection that covers theft, damages, loss of rental and many more.
Zero Deposit Insurance FAQ
1. How can I move in without paying a rental deposit?
Interested tenants can sign up for the Zero Deposit package. Once verified, you can quickly move into your dream home!
2. Do I need to pay a rental deposit?
No. The BlueDuck Zero Deposit solution replaces the need for a rental deposit while giving landlords the same security and protection.
3. What is covered under the Zero Deposit Insurance solution?
Landlords are covered for runaway tenants, outstanding utility bills and malicious damage. Based on your selected package, your compensation will be different.
4. What are the costs involved?
Renters will need to pay for the cost of the selected zero deposit package and a 3% service fee on every rental collection via the iDD Pay ‘direct debit’ solution. The landlord will receive 97% of the rental.
5. How can landlords make a claim?
A claim can be submitted if your tenant leaves without paying rental during the tenancy or if there was malicious damage done to your property.
You can also make a police report and drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your tenant’s name will be registered into BlueDuck’s preferred credit agency upon claim submission.
6. Will my tenants be held liable if I submit a claim?
Yes, if you make a claim against your tenant, they will be recorded in our feedback listing and in our partner credit agency. Moreover, the tenant will no longer be able to apply for zero deposits with us in the future.
Zero Deposit Scheme at Rumah-I
At Rumah-i, our main objective is to create sustainable value for property owners, tenants and strategic stakeholders in Malaysia. We have partnered with BlueDuck to introduce this zero deposit scheme for tenants and landlords as we believe it offers excellent benefits to both parties.